Since the early Indian civilization, Laxmi Ganesh pooja has been part of tradition and culture in the country. According to Hinduism, Lord Ganesha is the god of knowledge, while Goddess Laxmi represents wealth. Many individuals in India worship Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi to attract both wisdom and prosperity to their homes. But most people are afraid to place Laxmi Ganesh Murti in the wrong position at home.
This article is all about the positions and direction guide for you to place Laxmi Ganesh Idol in the correct position and in the right direction at your home. Let’s start –
What’s Significance of Laxmi and Ganesh in Hinduism?
Hinduism is one of the oldest religions in the world, and 15% of the world population follows this religion, making it the third largest religion followed.
Lord Ganesha is a symbol of wisdom and is often referred to as Ganpati, Vighneshvara, and Pillaiyar. Lord Ganesha has all the competent features that are essential for a human being.
- Single Tusk: Cherish the good experiences and release the burdens of the past.
- Big belly: Accept both the ups and downs of life
- Blessing hand: Divine protection and guidance to overcome obstacles
- Modak (Sweet): Sweet rewards of your spiritual journey and dedication
- Broad Head: Encourages a broad perspective, transcending limitations.
- Big Ears: Nurtures the art of attentive listening, capturing life’s nuances.
- Petite Eyes: This signifies the power of focus and unwavering concentration.
- Small Mouth: Embodies the value of thoughtful, concise speech.
Goddess Laxmi is the symbol of abundance and is also referred to as Maaya. Ashtalakshmi, a prominent manifestation, symbolizes the eight sources of wealth. According to the Vedas and the history of Hinduism, Lakshmi originated after the Samudra Manthan and chose Lord Vishnu as her other half. In a story, it is said that Goddess Parvati gave her elder son to Laxmi to complete her motherhood after she promised to provide Ganesha with all her accomplishments.
Positioning Your Ganesh Laxmi Murti for Prosperity
When it comes to the idols of Lord Ganesh and Goddess Laxmi, adhering to Vastu guidelines is crucial. Here, we offer valuable insights on the ideal placement of Laxmi Ganesh Murti in your home.
- Northeastern Sanctuary: The most auspicious location for these deities is the northeastern or Ishan corner of your home. If access to this corner is limited, consider positioning them to face either west or north. Always ensure they face the correct direction.
- Left-Right Seating: Lord Ganesha should be situated on the left side of Goddess Laxmi. Seating them is symbolic of a positive omen, signifying harmony and blessings.
- Kamalasana Posture: According to Hindu traditions, Goddess Laxmi seated in the kamalasana posture is ideal for inviting stability and prosperity. Any deviation from this posture can invite ill fortune.
- Symbolic Choices: To attract pleasure, serenity, and wealth, consider placing a white Ganesha idol in your home. Conversely, those seeking personal growth should opt for a vermilion-colored Ganesha.
- Trunk Direction: As per Vastu principles, the trunk of a seated Ganesha should be angled to the left.
- Mouse and Modak: When acquiring a Laxmi Ganesha murti, ensure it features the image of Lord Ganesha’s vahana, the mouse, and a modak, just like the ones available at Svastika.
Areas to Avoid:
In your quest for the perfect placement, remember that there are specific areas that must be avoided at all costs when placing the idols, including Laxmi silver murti and Ganesh murti:
- Under Stairs, Garages, and Storage Rooms: Keep the idols far away from spaces like beneath the stairs, in the garage, the storage area, the laundry room, the bedroom, or the bathroom.
- South-Facing Idols: Never position the Laxmi Ganesh murti to face south, as it goes against Vastu principles.
- Proximity to Toilets: Avoid placing the idols near a toilet or any wall connected to it, as this placement attracts negative energy and adversely affects positive outcomes.
- Multiple Ganesh Idols: Lastly, refrain from having more than one Lord Ganesha Murti in your home, as this can lead to conflicting energies.
Incorporating these guidelines will not only enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home but also invite positive energy and blessings from Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi silver murti.
The Laxmi Ganesh Murti serves as a reminder of the divine presence in your life, and the correct placement can help you channel their blessings and guidance. Whether you seek financial abundance, personal growth, or simply a harmonious atmosphere at home, these sacred idols can be your guiding light.
So, take the time to understand the nuances of this practice, avoid common pitfalls, and make your home a sanctuary of positivity and spirituality. May Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi grace your abode with their divine blessings, bringing you joy, prosperity, and spiritual fulfillment.